- Investing in Portugal
- About Us
Renovated 2-bedroom apartment in Benfica, Lisbon. The property is in a central location, close to transport, schools, street shops and the Fonte Nova Shopping Centre, banks, pharmacies and train station.
This property has 63 sq m of gross private area in a building with a lift. It will be delivered equipped and furnished, and consists of a lounge (20 sq m), a kitchen (10 sq m) with built-in appliances, two bedrooms (14 sq m and 15 sq m), both with wardrobes, and two bathrooms (3 sq m each).
(Actual photographs of the apartment and illustrative of the works carried out by the developer on a similar property).
– Furnished and equipped
– White kitchen cabinets
– Entire wall behind kitchen cabinets tiled
– Fully-fitted kitchen with oven, hob, cooker hood, microwave, built-in dishwasher, built-in washing machine, water heater and built-in fridge-freezer
– White lacquered window frames with tilt-and-turn double-glazed windows in all rooms
– False ceilings with recessed LED lighting in the bathrooms, kitchen, lounge and hall
– Ready for installation of air conditioning
– Electric shutters
– The building is in good condition
– Two lifts
– Door code
Benfica is a parish of Lisbon that is home to about two-thirds of the great lung of the Portuguese capital, the Parque Florestal de Monsanto.
Benfica began as a country village. In the 15th century, it was made a Lisbon judicial district with two private judges. Three brotherhoods also settled here at the same time: Nossa Senhora do Amparo, Santo António and São Sebastião.
When the Lisbon judicial district was abolished in 1852, Benfica became part of the new municipality of Belém, and then in 1886 it was split off. The part outside the new Lisbon ring road became part of Oeiras (and now Amadora), while the part inside joined Lisbon, giving rise to the current parish.
The city continued to grow, which is reflected in the increasing urbanisation of the parish. The population tripled from 17,843 to around 50,000 between the 1950s and the 1990s.
The territory was divided again in 1959 with the creation of the São Domingos de Benfica parish.
More recently, although there are more buildings, the resident population is shrinking because of ageing and the migration of the younger inhabitants to the periphery.